No sugar nutty squares is an amazing recipe which can be relished whenever you have sweet cravings. These nutty squares are highly nutritious and are enriched with the goodness of nuts and seeds along with jaggery.
Nutritional benefits –
All the seeds include healthy fats within them. Almonds are rich in magnesium, protein, fiber and vitamin E. Raisins are highly rich in iron and dietary fiber. Sesame seeds are an amazing source of fiber, calcium, oxalate and phytates. These seeds are also rich in B vitamins like thiamine, niacin and vitamin B6. Pumpkin seeds are rich in magnesium, fiber and antioxidants. Sunflower seeds vitamin E, Magnesium and selenium. Flax seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and dietary fiber whereas Jaggery is loaded with antioxidants and minerals like iron, zinc and selenium.
- 10 grams of rolled oats
- 5 grams of sesame seeds (till seeds)
- 5 grams pumpkin seeds
- 5 grams flax seeds
- 5 grams sunflower seeds
- 5 grams almonds
- 5 grams raisins
- 5 grams of jaggery
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 5 grams of desi ghee
- 209.3 kcal
- 5.2 grams
- 9.7 grams
- 16.1 grams
- To make squares, Take a nonstick pan and put it on medium flame then dry roast rolled oats and all the seeds for 5-6 minutes and keep aside. (You can choose the seeds as per availability at your place)
- Now add ghee and jaggery into the pan and mix well. Continue to cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Then add roasted oats, seeds, cardamom into it and mix it well. The batter for yummy nutty squares is ready.
- Add this mixture to the baking tray and keep it in the fridge for an hour.
- Once frozen, cut out small square pieces using a sharp knife.
- Serve or store it in an airtight container for about a month.
Over to you-
Try this yummy recipe of No sugar nutty squares and relish the changing season with the warmness of this healthy and filling snack.