We all are aware of moong dal and broken wheat. So here is this interesting recipe made with moong dal, broken wheat and vegetables which will impart tremendous taste and classic aroma to this recipe.
Pulses like moong dal are quite important. They are energy dense, have good amount of fibre and improves digestion. They contain antioxidants which help in managing chronic conditions such as diabetes and heart diseases.
- Nutrition Info
- 13.1 kcal
- 15.8 grams
- 4.8 grams
- 5.4 grams
- 10 grams moong dal
- 10 grams broken wheat
- 20 grams chopped onion
- 20 grams chopped capsicum
- 10 grams boiled peas
- 20 grams chopped tomato
- ¼ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ¼ teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Wash and soak moong dal and broken wheat for 10-15 minutes and strain.
- In a pressure cooker, add oil followed by cumin seeds, ginger garlic paste and onion.
- When the onion turns soft, add boiled peas, tomato, capsicum and other spices.
- Now add moong dal, broken wheat and saute for few minutes.
- Add 1-2 cups of water and pressure cook for up to 2 -3 whistles.
- Serve hot along with curd.
Over to you:
Try this easy and simple recipe which can be prepared in no time during any time of the day.