Bella Metthe Dosa Recipe is a typical Mangalorean breakfast recipe which has been passed down by many years. Usually dosas are generally made from rice or wheat but in this recipe, there is a slight variation by adding fenugreek seeds, jaggery and
Fenugreek seeds have a nutritional profile, containing a good amount of fibre and minerals.
- 20 grams rice
- 10 grams rice flakes
- 10 grams White Urad Dal (Whole)
- 1 teaspoon Methi Seeds (Fenugreek Seeds)
- ½ teaspoon jaggery
- 1 teaspoon coconut , grated
- 2.5 grams coconut powder
- Pinch of yeast
- Nutrition Info
- 165 kcal
- 13.2 grams
- 4.5 grams
- 8.4 grams
- Soak rice, urad dal and fenugreek seeds in water for 4 hours.
- Next grind all the ingredients into a smooth Dosa batter consistency. Keep it aside.
- To activate the yeast, add the yeast in a separate bowl along with sugar, to this add luke warm water and leave it for 5 minutes till it foams up.
- Add the yeast mixture into the Dosa batter and rest it for 1 hour.
- Heat a Flat Skillet, use a ladle to drop the batter on to the heated skillet and swirl it around to get an uttapam shape. Drizzle some oil and cover the dosa with a lid.
- It will very soft and sticky to flip but do not worry, let it cook on one side properly and flip over carefully. Once done, flip it the other side and cook for few minutes and serve.
- Serve the Mangalorean Style Bella Dosa.
Over to you:
Do try on this recipe to kick start your day with healthy and delicious breakfast.