Eating whole, healthful foods has been linked to improved moods when the family is living in close quarters. Planning and preparing meals together as a family offers a wonderful opportunity for social interaction and bonding.
Lunches that keep you full and satisfied should contain: carbs, veggies, protein and fat. This combination ensures that the meal has plenty of volume (food) so that there’s a decent amount on your plate. It also makes sure you get nutrients that help to keep you full, like protein and fibre. Along, with a mix of veggies and fats, you’re also getting important micronutrients vitamins and minerals that your body needs.
Cooking a meal is quite versatile and if you follow indigenous cooking methods, you can retain the nutrients within the food. If made properly, food helps you stay fit and healthy.
Hence, putting down a few healthy recipes one can try it at home it for lunch that your whole family is sure to love:
- Mexican Rice Bowl – Black beans (rajma), fresh tomato and onion, coriander, sour cream, and lime. This bowl has everything that will satisfy your taste buds and is yet oh-so healthy. It has good amounts of proteins, probiotics, good fats, vitamins, carbohydrates and more. Also, to add a crunch to the dish, include a few baked tortilla chips.
- Methi Parantha with Curd – Paranthas are a versatile food that can be cooked for any meal of the day. Whether it is breakfast. lunch or dinner, it can be a go-to food. Here is a stuffed Methi parantha an alternative to plain parantha made with onions and a whole lot of methi, which is packed with flavour and nutrition. It can be paired with plain yogurt or pickle depending upon the choice.
- Veggie Pasta Bolognese – Pasta is a dish prepared with one or more types of pastas, and often tossed in olive oil. It must incorporate fresh vegetables and a simple dressing devoid of any fat and cream.
- Crunchy Veggie Wrap – A refreshing and tangy veggie wrap that is easy to make and perfect for on the go whenever needed. It has the goodness of the colourful and crunchy vegetables like bell peppers, carrots, zucchini and marinated in a flavourful coriander and garlic low fat greek yoghurt sauce and wrap it in a whole wheat flat bread. It is extremely low in calories, filled with nutrients and tastes delicious.
- Sprouty Super Salad – Salad is one thing that people majorly consume. A quick and easy healthy salad recipe made with freshly sprouted moong beans with finely chopped herbs and tomatoes that can perfectly be served in lunch. To make it more delicious and healthy, you can add quinoa and a dash of nuts in it.
Over to you:
There you have it. A list of recipes that will nourish your family. Thus, your lunch definitely doesn’t need to be complicated. It can certainly be a recipe or even a simple snack plate – there are no rules.