Eggs are a great way of adding protein to the diet and give a kick-start to the day. Baked eggs when combined with roasted vegetables are a great meal option and fills up everyone with energy. It is a great way of adding greens and veggies to the kid’s diet.
Broccoli has a good amount of fiber, protein iron and various vitamins. They are good for keeping the bones strong and healthy. Sweet potatoes are very nutritious and have a good amount of fiber, antioxidants beneficial for constipation and gut health. They are rich in beta carotene that helps in eye health.
- 25 grams broccoli florets
- 10 grams potatoes
- 10 grams sweet potato
- 15 grams onion
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 1 egg
- Black pepper and salt as per taste
- Nutrition Info
- 126 kcal
- 7.5 grams
- 7.4 grams
- 7.3 grams
- Start by preheating the oven at 200º C and coat the baking tray with some cooking spray.
- Take a bowl and add the washed broccoli, potatoes, onions, sweet potatoes, and salt.
- Spread this mixture over the tray and roast for about 15 minutes or until they start browning.
- They spread them over a cool tray and allow chilling for a day in the refrigerator.
- After that remove them from the refrigerator and allow them to come to room temperature.
- Again bake the vegetables in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Prepare small well-like shapes in the vegetable mixture and break an egg and bake for another 5 minutes or until the yolks start to thicken. Sprinkle some salt and pepper.
- Serve as a breakfast or snack
Over to you:
Baked eggs with roasted vegetables are a great way of adding veggies to your kid’s diet. It is a perfect munching option for hunger pangs.