Bhaat thepla is usually served during occasions and is very easy to make. It is perfect for people with gluten intolerance. This delicious thepla is prepared with rice and some spices making it super delicious dish when you have just basic staples at home.
Rice is gluten free and is a good source of B vitamins and iron. It is also an excellent source of manganese and magnesium. Carrots on the other had are very nutritious and a great source of vitamins and minerals especially Vitamin A, biotin and potassium. Chickpea flour on the other side has a low glycaemic index that helps in controlling diabetes.
- 20 grams mashed and cooked rice
- 10 gram besan
- A pinch of hing
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1-2 green chilli
- 5 gram carrot
- 10 gram onion
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 5 grams coriander leaves
- Nutrition Info
- 97 kcal
- 12.8 grams
- 2.9 grams
- 3.7 grams
- Start by taking a mixing bowl and combine the the mashed rice, gram flour, asafoetida powder, turmeric powder, green chillies, carrot, onion, coriander leaves, salt.
- Prepare the dough and divide in small portions.
- Take a skillet and turn on medium heat. Take water in a separate bowl to wet the fingers and another wet muslin cloth.
- Clean the counter and spread the cloth over it. Take the small portion and form thepla with the help pf your fingers by dabbing the.
- Then lift the cloth along with the patted thepla and flip over on the skillet. Add in some oil or ghee over the sides and cook on medium heat.
- After few minutes, flip on the other side and let it cook.
- Let them become crispy and serve with chutney!
Over to you
Now that you are aware of this amazing recipe you should definitely try this at home. This thepla attains a beautiful texture when its cooked on iron skillet and tastes best when served along with freshly made chutney of choice!