Greens and bean salad is a colorful, nutrient-rich, and easy to prepare recipe for your immunity and heart. It has the goodness of fresh summer green and beans which are rich in flavors and provide numerous health benefits. This is a healthy, filling summer salad prepared with a tangy dressing
Nutritional benefits: Green leafy veggies are a good source of vitamin E that protects the cell membrane of every cell. They are also good in vitamin K that is essential for bone strength and density. Beans are a rich source of protein. They are good in essential amino acids and rich in various vitamins and minerals such as folate.
- 40 grams fresh greens( kale, spinach)
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 5 grams fresh rosemary
- 10 grams onion
- 10 grams carrot
- 10 grams white beans
- ½ lemon and zest
- 1 clove minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon crushed date
- ¼ teaspoon parsley
- Salt and pepper as per taste
Calorie: 128 Kcal
Fat: 5.5 grams
Carbohydrate: 18.18 grams
Protein: 3.7 grams
- Wash and clean the greens and finely shred. Meanwhile, drain the beans, keeping the broth aside.
- Take a large pot and heat some oil and add in the rosemary, onion, carrot along with the lemon zest. Let them cook for 5 minutes while covering and then add in the garlic and cook for further 5-7 minutes.
- Then add in the chopped greens with some salt.
- In the next step add in the beans along with broth and allow cooking for 10-15 minutes.
- Switch off the stove and take the salad in a bowl and then add in the chopped parsley, remaining rosemary, and remaining ingredients and serve!
Over to you:
This salad is very simple to prepare but is full of texture and flavor combinations. The gorgeous green base along with the beans makes it a very desirable salad.