Apple Walnut Quinoa Salad with spinach, dried cranberries, cheese, and a simple honey mustard dressing is the perfect salad for when you need an extra dash of flavours. Despite the fact that it goes great with any meal. Adding walnuts to the salad will give crunch and flavor. Apples add on to the freshness, whereas cranberries give the salad a perfect sourness. All of them together make this salad anyone’s healthy-choice.
Quinoa is high in protein and fiber content, which makes it a healthy option for weight watchers. Apple is loaded with nutrients like fiber and vitamin C, making it a great choice for weight loss. Walnuts have healthy fats and antioxidants as it is a rich source of Omega-3. Cranberries are rich in vitamin C and antioxidants that help with great skin. Olive oil is an excellent choice for dressing as it is light and gives you loads of antioxidants.
- 3 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups chopped apples
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup crumbled cheese of your choice
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp honey
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 330 Kcal
- 22 grams
- 28 grams
- 7 grams
- For making the honey mustard dressing, in a small bowl or jar, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, honey, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the spinach, cooked quinoa, apples, dried cranberries, cheese, and walnuts. Toss until salad is combined.
- Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Drizzle with dressing and toss again. Serve and enjoy!
Over To You:
I’m sure you’ll get a crunch and blast of flavours in every bite, after all it’s an unusual salad. Try it without a pang of guilt.