Everybody loves a healthy, creamy bowl of pasta to combat their junk cravings. This creamy and healthy cauliflower with nuts are added to prepare a very rich and smooth dressing to go along with all the healthy types of pasta and to make them more delicious and nutritious.
Nutritional benefits: Cauliflower being the main ingredient of the dressing is high in fibre that helps in digestive problems. It is good source of choline that helps in brain development.
- 20 grams cauliflower
- 10 grams whole wheat noodles or pasta
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 5 grams garlic
- 1 teaspoon pine nuts
- 15 ml almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of basil
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 15 grams yogurt
- Nutrition Info
- 136 kcal
- 12 grams
- 3.75 grams
- 9 grams
- Keep skillet on the stove over medium flame, heat some coconut oil, garlic and pine nuts for about 4-5 minutes or till they are golden brown.
- Pour the almond milk in the skillet and allow it to boil.
- Then add the chopped cauliflower and the spices.
- Let the mixture heat until the cauliflower is cooked or has turned soft.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool down for some-time.
- In a blender, add in the cauliflower mix, yogurt and lemon juice.
- Blend to form a smooth and silky paste.
- Boil the whole wheat noodles, cook with some vegetables and dress it with this cauliflower dressing.
- Garnish with some coriander leaves and serve!
Over to you:
This rich, creamy and filling sauce goes well with pasta, pizza, noodles or any other snacks. The creamy punch allows you to choose it as a dip with nachos as well. Do let us know in the comments!