Nothing on the earth can match the insatiable treat derived from mouthwatering sweet delights. The long queue of festivities in India is a never-ending ritual. No matter how hard you try to stay away from sweets, resisting the pleasure that you imagine is impossible. But none of you at the same time, can’t deny that Indian sweets are high in calories too. A bite into an Indian sweet can spike your blood glucose levels or results in unhealthy weight gain. That’s the reason why desserts are often counted amongst the first food items to cut down when you start dieting or plans to stay fit than before.
Giving up on such treats will definitely help you in a weight loss journey but what if we tell you that you still can have your share of sweets while sticking to your fitness goals and diet? Yes, you heard us absolutely right! After all, dieting doesn’t mean to cut down your favorite foods completely. Limiting your fat, carbs and calorie intake too can help you achieve what you desire for. The way all healthy foods provide vital nutrients and carry out some or other important functions in the body then why not desserts can. So, here are few home-made health Indian desserts for you:
- Mango kheer: Mango is irresistibly and tempting when combined with low-fat cream. Mango kheer carries a delicious combination of the ripe pulpy mango and cow milk with few strands of saffron and crushed nuts rich in zinc, calcium and omega-3 fatty acids. Not just mango is an important ingredient of this dessert packed with nutrients like dietary fiber and vitamin A, C and B6, magnesium, potassium, copper, beta-carotene, quercetin, and astragalin. But also, milk rich in protein and calcium and saffron strands enriched with safranal, carotenoids, antioxidants, crocin, and some minerals and vitamins makes this dessert healthier and than anything while benefiting your overall health.
- Coconut Laddu: Coconut laddu is a traditional Indian dessert generally prepared during festive seasons like Dussehra, Ganesh Chaturthi, Onam and much more. A super easy dessert to prepare like a fresh snow with an amazing taste melted bursting out its fresh flavors when gulped. It’s high dietary fiber content slows down the release of glucose, improves the insulin secretion and utilization of blood glucose, some specific healthy fats found in coconut gives a boost to immunity and minerals like manganese, copper, selenium, potassium, iron, phosphorus, magnesium and zinc maintains a normal body functioning and overall health.
- Beetroot Halwa: Beetroot also called ‘chukandar’ in Hindi can be best used to make beetroot halwa using low kcal ingredients and healthy sugar substitute like coconut sugar. This recipe is the most delicious way to eat this vegetable. Moreover, beetroot is enriched with vitamins A, B6, C, potassium, magnesium, iron, carbohydrates, protein, folic acid, antioxidants and soluble fiber; helping to increase your stamina, blood flood, controls diabetes, cholesterol level, blood pressure including improvised memory. Also, it is considered a good source of healthy skin and hair.
- Khajur (Dates) Barfi: Nutrition and health benefits of dates are very high. And the making of khajur burfi is also nutritious and delicious packed with vitamins A1, B1, B2, B3, B5, C, D, protein, fibers, iron and other essential nutrients. Its natural moisture adds to the quality of the final barfi and the natural sugar found in khajur makes the dessert a guilt-free treat to have without compromising.
- Oats And Walnut Chikki: Oats is a well-known healthy cereal that has been eaten as a fiber-rich breakfast every morning. While jaggery as a healthful sugar substitute and walnuts have always been rich stores of iron boosting your hemoglobin levels. Well, this time we are back with oats and walnut chikki which tastes fantabulous and aids your body in multiple ways as it’s loaded with incredible nutrients antioxidants, powerful soluble fiber, zinc and iron and vitamins.
Over to you
Now there’s no need to give up on desserts after your main course. Try these home-made sweet dishes at your home and enjoy the varieties whenever feel like to have something sweet in your plate.