Lifestyle Disease Guide – Arthritis
By Nmami Life Editorial 11-Sep 2021 Reading Time: 5 Mins
Arthritis referred to the condition of inflammation in the joint. One or more, it can affect multiple joints all at once as well. There are many types of arthritis but the most common types are osteoarthritis (OA) and rheumatoid arthritis (RA). The very basic symptoms of arthritis include joint pain, stiffness and swelling and it is majorly seen in elder people with the age of 65 or above.
More Symptoms of Arthritis
- Pain, swelling and stiffness in multiple joints are the very basic symptom of arthritis.
- Morning stiffness inside or around the affected joints
- Loss of appetite
- Redness of the skin
- Pain and stiffness that worsens with inactivity and improves with physical activity
- Reduced range of motion
- Slight fever
- Weight loss
- Anaemic body
To combat arthritis, here are some foods that need to be added in your daily diet!
- Fatty fishes: Omega-3 fatty acids found in fish like salmon or nuts especially walnuts- these foods are very healthy in greasing the joints. It has anti-inflammatory properties that help in treating arthritis. If you are suffering from arthritis then per week consumption of oily fish would definitely help you.
- Green veggies: Vitamin K is very effective in strengthening bones and helps in destroying inflammatory cells in arthritis. Vitamin K can be found in green leafy vegetables like spinach, kale, broccoli and various other foods like eggs and cereals. If you are suffering from arthritis then adding these veggies in your daily diet can easily do wonders in the levels of your inflammation.
- Garlic: Garlic is packed with a lot of health benefits and it has components that can fight off with the properties of cancer and help in soothing the inflammation in the joints as well. Garlic is rich in anti-inflammatory properties and can give you instant relief with other significant health benefits. You can consume it raw in the early morning for effective results and if you don’t like consuming it raw then you can also hide it inside your food.
- Ginger: The use of ginger not only limited to give a lot of flavours to teas, soups, sweets and many other. Ginger can easily ease the symptoms of arthritis while giving you instant relief in no time. It can open the blocked knees and grease the joints as well. Regular consumption of ginger in any form (raw, powdered, dried, extract) will definitely help you in lowering down the symptoms of arthritis.
- Berries: Berries are rich in various Vitamins, Minerals, and antioxidants which is accountable for decreasing inflammation in the body. If you want to add a lot of advantages to your health then add different types of berries like strawberries, blackberries, blueberries and mulberries to your diet. These berries are tasty and delicious and can give plenty of arthritis-fighting nutrients along with several other health benefits to the body.
So, add these foods to your diet and take care of the symptoms of Arthritis. If you feel a lot of blockage and inflammations then consulting a doctor is a must. Adding these foods to your daily diet will definitely help you in fighting off the symptoms of Arthritis.