Today is the day to celebrate the encouragement, support and selfless love of the Father! Well, there is no denying that somehow fatherhood remains undervalued as compared to the love of a mother. We all know that the fathers are not very expressive but they do need the TLC (tender, love and care). As you are growing up, your fathers are growing old and this day is perfect to shower them with your love and extra care. On this father’s day, we bring you 5 ways to keep your dad healthy and happy in the coming years! Shower him with the gift of health, laughter and joy with these simple tips.
- Get him through the medical tests and check-ups regularly: Due to the stressed and hectic life, fathers always forget to take care of themselves. As they grow older, the body becomes weak and the chances of getting health complications increases. So, ask your father to indulge in the habits of going through medical tests on a regular basis to avoid the health glitches like diabetes, heart problems, liver problems, etc. Regular medical check-ups will help in identifying the disease at an earlier stage and save it from getting worse.
- Make a workout buddy: Workouts and regular exercise is a versatile way to keep the body active, healthy and fit. Regular exercising not only takes care of your physical health but also pays heed towards mental well-being by eliminating stress from your life. A sedentary lifestyle welcomes plenty of health ailments while keeping your heart health at a huge risk. So, motivate your father to spend at least 30-45 minutes of his day in exercise and you can also accompany him to make the workout more fun and joyous. There is no workout buddy as therapeutic as a son!
- Cook healthy meals with him: Consuming a healthy and well-balanced diet is the zest of a happy and long-living. Processed junkies are loaded with bad fats, carbs and calories that can easily destroy health while increasing the risks of various health glitches. One of the best ways to take care of your dad’s diet is to take him grocery shopping and cook healthy meals with him.
- Add in at home-activities or games to spend time with him: Make this day more funny and interesting by adding some home games in it. A lot of us might not be able to spend a lot of time with our dad and therefore home games like chess, carom, badminton or activities like gardening with the dad will fill up their loneliness while making your bond even stronger.
- Take care of his sleep: Due to the stress and workloads, fathers often avoid ideal sleeping hours. Talk to him about less sleep and increasing mental and physical health complications and ask him to sleep at least 7-9 hours a day. A night of sound sleep can enhance mental well-being while fuelling up energy levels and decreasing the chances of a cranky mood.
So, this weekend abide by these tips and shower him in the most precious gifts to a hale and hearty life. Play some games with him and fill this day with big laughter and joy.
We wish you a happy father’s day!