A night of good sleep is extremely vital for your overall health and well-being. Good sleep can fill you up with energy, boost your mood while enhancing your productivity. Obviously, your sleeping environment and daily routine play an important role in promoting your sleep but various other factors like ‘your dietary pattern’ also enhances your quality of sleep. Consuming foods that are rich in tryptophan can help you to sleep better while improving your cognitive and physical health. If you are struggling to get a night of good ZZZsss, then here we bring you certain foods that can help in promoting better sleep. What’s more? These foods are incredibly nutritious and will never hamper your health goals.
Here are some foods that can help you put to better sleep:
- Walnuts: Walnuts are filled with various nutrients like omega 3 fatty acids, magnesium, potassium, folate, and calcium that can help in boosting the levels of melatonin and serotonin in the body and thus promote and regulate sleep. Apart from this, walnuts assist in enhancing energy levels, keeping your cholesterol levels in check while boosting your heart health. You can have a handful of soaked walnuts before going to bed or you can also consume it with a glass of milk.
- Fatty Fishes: Fatty fishes like salmon and tuna offer a wide variety of omega 3 fatty acids, Vitamin D and other essential vitamins and minerals that can easily increase the production of serotonin in the body and thus help you to sleep better. Incorporating such fishes in your dinner can easily put you to better sleep.
- Seeds: Seeds like flax seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and many others are all rich in various heart-healthy nutrients and are well-known to promote sleep and overall health. Seeds are an amazing source of tryptophan and amino acids and can easily enhance the serotonin in the body and are thought to improve sleep. You can have a mix of different types of seeds before going to bed.
- Kiwis: Kiwis offer an incredible nutrition profile and are well known to boost sleep-promoting serotonin in the body. By providing a decent amount of nutrients like folate, potassium, vitamin K, Vitamin C and many other, consuming kiwis can enhance your overall health while strengthening your immunity. Various researches suggest that consuming kiwis can help you sleep faster and better. You can have one kiwi before bedtime for effective results.
- Almonds: Almonds are a powerhouse of various nutrients. Right from boosting your heart health to assist you in sleeping better- there are plenty of advantages almonds provide to human health. Almonds are a great source of the melatonin hormone which further helps in regulating the sleeping pattern while promoting sleep. Consume a handful of almonds before bedtime or have it with your milk for effective results.
Eat the above-mentioned food items before going to bed to get a good sleep. Also, review your current sleeping patterns and indulge in a healthy lifestyle to enhance your quality of sleep.