We know you must be losing your mind worrying about the D-DAY but that does not mean you will stuff your stomach by overeating. In all the stress and anxiety, brides tend to eat more and because of which they tend to gain those extra kilos. Size of your meals does matter for reaching your weight loss goals.
What is a portion size?
It is the amount of a specific food that you eat.
So here are a few pro-tips that will help you control your portion size:
- Use smaller utensils for eating. When you eat in a large plate, your brain feels that you have eaten a little less than what your body requires. So, trick your brain by eating on a small plate. This would give your brain a signal that you have eaten a full-size meal.
- Don’t keep platters of food on the table. If you keep platters of food on the table, you are likely to pick up and serve yourself with extra food.
- While you are shopping for your wedding needs, ensure that you do not buy any packaged food. If at all you buy it, buy a small packet like small crackers, and pretzels. Most people end up eating more than they realize.
- If you are having a dessert, share it. The high amount of dessert intake would increase sugar and calorie in your body which is not good for weight loss. Ensure that you share yummy treats.
- Measure food on a scale. Throughout, 15 days before your wedding use measuring scales and cups to determine your portion size. This will ensure that you are not consuming extra calories and help you know what exactly you are eating.
There is no doubt that the pre-marital glitters come with a lot of stress, pressure and anxiety. Losing weight and ensuring that you have your desired body on your wedding bells requires insight, preparations and disciplines. Develop these habits to reach your goal and look astonishing in your bridal attire.