Til ko alu is a traditional dish from Sikkim. Made with potato and roasted sesame seeds this dish act as both snack or perfect accompaniment with rice or stuffed parathas.
Potato is rich in potassium, Vitamin C and B6 content. It also supports heart health. Sesame seeds are rich source of fiber and therefore plays a role in reducing the risk of heart diseases, type 2 diabetes, obesity and certain cancers. It consists of MUFA and PUFA which can lower down your cholesterol and triglycerides level.
- Nutrition Info
- 110.9 kcal
- 8.8 grams
- 1.9 grams
- 7.2 grams
- 50 grams Potato
- 20 grams Onion sliced
- 3-4 Green chili, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper as per taste
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- Add your content…Roast the sesame seeds in the pan. Grind to smooth powder when cool.
- Peel potatoes, cut and soak in water.
- Heat oil in a pan. Sautee chillies and onions till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Bake cubed potatoes in preheated oven at 400 degree Celsius.
- Now add baked potatoes to the mixture and roasted til powder as well. Mix. Also,add little water, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve til ko alu with rice.
Over to you:
Til ko alu is a perfect accomplishment which is a combined package of good taste and ample benefits. It is for sure a must try!