This salad recipe is jammed with nutrients like vitamin C, calcium, iron, and antioxidants, which come from its star ingredients- chickpeas, kale and blueberries and strawberries. For those who are looking to enhance their immune operations, this should be their go-to.
Chickpeas provide you with time-released energy, which means it delivers small amounts of energy over time. They are also rich in iron, folate, Vitamin C and vitamin B. Strawberries are an excellent source of Vitamin C and K as well as providing a good dose of fibre, folic acid etc.
- 20 grams raw kale leaves
- 20 grams chickpeas, soaked and boiled
- 10 grams strawberries, sliced
- 20 grams onion, chopped
- 10 grams blueberries
- ½ teaspoon sunflower seeds
For salad dressing:
- 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove; finely minced
- ½ teaspoon chia seeds
- Salt to taste
- Nutrition Info
- 118 kcal
- 14.5 grams
- 5.9 grams
- 3.7 grams
- Start by preparing the salad dressing by putting in all the ingredients together in a bowl. Whip until you get a thinner consistency. (If you want a thicker consistency, pulse all the ingredients together in a blender)
- Keep the dressing aside and let the chia seed swell up.
- Rinse and tear up the kale into small chunks.
- Drain the water from the boiled chickpeas and add them to the bowl of kale.
- Add onions, strawberries and blueberries.
- Toss the dressing into the salad nicely and sprinkle on the sunflower seeds.
Over to you.
Enjoy this salad for your lunch and relish the benefits of the jam-packed nutrients that it has.