Spiced rose hummus is a reinvention of that basic hummus with a creamy colorful taste. The rose brightens both the color and flavor of the hummus. This is a super creamy and garlic flavor that goes great with chips, pita, or veggies or as a sandwich spread
Split yellow peas are good in protein and fiber and contain nutrients that prevent chronic diseases. Tahini is good in manganese and phosphorous and helps in bone health.
- 10 grams dried yellow split peas
- 5 grams tahini
- 1 garlic
- ½ lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon rose spice mix
- A pinch of kosher salt
- Edible rose petals for garnish
- 86 Kcal
- 4.8 grams
- 8 grams
- 3.5 grams
- Place the pan on a medium flame and boil the yellow split peas in water along with garlic for about 20 minutes or until the split peas are tender.
- Then remove the pan from heat and smash the garlic and peas and stir vigorously to form a smooth paste.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and blend along to form a smooth paste.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to a week in the fridge.
Over to you:
This delicious spiced rose hummus is a different and nutritious add-on to give your snacks a pretty color and flavor along with nutritional benefits.