Fish stew is extremely easy to prepare a dish that is rich in iodine and is a wonderful dish to add to the meals to support thyroid health. It is prepared in minutes with simple ingredients for the ideal weeknight meal. This is a great alternative to the expensive filet of fish as it can be prepared with fish scraps.
Fish is a low-fat high-quality protein, filled with omega-3 fatty acids and vitamins such as D and B2 (riboflavin). It is also rich in calcium and phosphorus and a great source of minerals, such as iron, zinc, iodine, magnesium, and potassium.
- 1 teaspoon of ghee
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 20 grams onion
- 10 grams tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 30 grams white fish (cut into chunks)
- 10 grams Italian parsley
- 100ml fish bone broth
- Nutrition Info
- 137 kcal
- 2.8 grams
- 8.5 grams
- 10.1 grams
- Take a medium-sized skillet and add in some ghee and olive oil.
- Add in chopped onions and sauté for a few minutes.
- Then add in the chopped fish chunks and sauté for about a minute to cook the external part of the fish.
- Mix in the chopped tomatoes and parsley and then add in some fish bone broth and bring the gas to simmer.
- Add in the salt, black pepper, and red chili flakes and let it simmer for 1-2 minutes
- Serve it hot!
Over to you:
Fish stew is very nutritious and provides warmth. They are extremely easy to prepare and are a lovely weeknight meal to include in our daily lives.