Apple halwa prepared with sautéed apples, mava and milk is a perfect and delicious recipe to put your hands upon. Especially flavoured with vanilla extract it is tempting with irresistible aroma.
Apples are fair source of fibre and have certain constituents that are good for your gut. They also contain Vitamin C and hence act as antioxidants. Walnut is an excellent source of omega 3, omega 6 fatty acids, dietary fibre, protein and healthy fat.
- 10 grams mava
- 50 grams of grated apple
- 10 grams ghee
- 5 grams coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon chopped walnuts
- 20 ml milk
- Nutrition Info
- 191.5 kcal
- 9.1 grams
- 3.2 grams
- 12.9 grams
- Take a non- stick pan and heat ghee. Add grated apple and cook for 5-6 minutes over medium flame. Don’t forget to stir continuously.
- Then add mava and mix well. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Add milk and mix gently. Cook it for 7-8 minutes on a medium flame and stir continuously.
- When cooked, keep aside to cool. Once cool, add vanilla extract and chopped walnuts. Mix well.
Over to you
Apple halwa is a healthy dish which is filled with the goodness of apple and thus is a healthy and nutritious dessert to try your hands upon.