5 Nutrition Tips for Injury Recovery
By Nmami Agarwal 21-Feb 2021 Reading Time: 4 Mins
We’ve all been through injuries and some of you might be having an injury right now. You need to rest to recover from your injuries but there is one more thing you can do to heal your wounds quickly. Whatever the injury may be, we know it pains a lot and that is why today we bring you 5 Nutrition Tips you can follow at your home to recover quickly from your injury.
Types of injury and Tips to recover quickly.
Some wounds usually heal quickly because of a healthy lifestyle and keeping the injured area clean and free from infection. However, some injuries are serious and require medical attention. Such injuries could be internal or external. Internal injuries such as ulcers, internal bleeding or organ failure, etc require minimal movement and a prolonged resting period. External injuries such as fractures, open wounds, etc require a comparatively lesser resting period but with serious care. Such serious injuries can be healed by healthful food choices which may help with recovery by providing the energy, vitamin, mineral, and protein requirements necessary to promote healing.
5 tips for better recovery:
- Have your meals in an organized manner by following a balanced diet that incorporates all the nutrients your body may be needing such as fiber, protein, fats, amino acids, omega fatty acids, etc from food sources such as fruits, vegetables, and dairy. Try to keep your diet as natural as possible.
- Choose vegetables and fruits rich in vitamin C, such as strawberries or spinach, which will help in repairing your body. Having adequate sunlight, vitamin D, will boost your bone health and general immunity which prevents further infection.
- Include an adequate amount of protein in your diet for better muscle repair and providing constant energy to your muscles. You may not be using your muscles a lot in case of a serious injury and hence including protein is a priority.
- Stay hydrated, keeping your conscious, and keeping it cool is important when recovering from an injury. Do not consume any sweetened beverages which may hinder the nutrient transport in your body.
- Control your sugar and cholesterol levels, a rise in sugar level can hinder the absorption of other nutrients and high cholesterol level can clog up your veins thus decreasing the blood flow and eventually decreasing the transport of essential nutrients for recovery.
Over to you.
We know it hurts whenever there is an injury, though resting helps in recovery we can always accelerate that process by incorporating the above mentioned 5 Nutritional tips. It’s always recommended to recover at a steady rate but unhealthy Nutrition can hinder the process of recovery. Following proper nutrition during the time of recovery can help you recover quickly and get you back on your feet so that you do not miss out on much. Stay safe, stay healthy.