It’s cold out there and so it is inside as well. To cope with this cold we get into our blankets and sit in front of the tv on the sofa and munch those junk foods which we shouldn’t be munching. In winters our efforts to improve our immunity are severely low and on top of that, we munch junk foods which further deteriorates our immunity. Worry not because today we will be talking about 5 home recipes you can follow to give your immunity a boost to get you through winter because eventually, we are responsible for our health. So let’s see what’s in the store for us to ensure our health. Eat this food before your bedtime, early in the morning, or even during the weeknights, just make sure you intake plenty of protein, probiotics, and antioxidants for a healthy immune system while will get you through winters and preferably your lifetime if we stay consistent enough.
5 recipes for better immunity.
- Turmeric tea. Turmeric tea, brewed using grated turmeric root or pure powder, is considered one of the most effective ways to consume the spice. The tea will help boost your White Blood cells which are responsible for immunity. Easy to prepare, just boil water with some turmeric and you may also add some natural sweeteners however you may not need them.
- Lemon cilantro soup. A bowl of lemon and coriander soup can make all that cough blues go away from you in heavy monsoons or cold biting weather. The soup is warm, nutritious, and loaded with vitamin C. A simple lemon coriander soup is made by cooking some herbs or vegetables and then adding them to a vegetable stock(or water). Later lemon and coriander leaves are added.
- Beetroot rice. Beetroot has many health benefits. Beets are high in immune-boosting vitamin C, fiber, essential minerals like potassium and manganese. It is rich in iron, vitamins A, B, and C, beta-carotene, and folic acid. All these nutrients packed in beetroot make it efficient against the germs and foreign bacteria that enter our gut. Fry all the spices you may like in your rice in just 2 tablespoon oil and add rice to it, mix it for 2 mins and add your beetroots (in the form of juice, pieces, or any way you may like to consume them)
- Broccoli basil. Broccoli and basil when mixed and cooked with other green vegetables(such as peas, coriander, and cabbage) contain powerful phytochemicals including carotenoids, indoles and glucosinolates, and isothiocyanates. Many of these properties have been studied and shown to slow the growth of many cancers, including leukemia and melanoma.
- Dry fruit milk. Dry fruits are known for their healthy oils which may help boost Immunity especially when paired with some protein source such as milk. Add dry fruits such as kishmish, cashew nuts, almonds, and/or walnut, and boil it with milk. After boiling, decrease the content to half and drink it, you may also add cardamom and saffron as well.
Over to you.
We need foods that will help our immunity in the Winters. Foods rich in protein, probiotics, and antioxidants are known to help boost Immunity. It might be not fun to eat them raw so follow the above-mentioned recipes to give your immunity a healthy boost by putting in some effort because eventually, we are responsible for our health. Have a happy healthy life!