Arthritis is referred to the ailment of inflammation in the joints. It can happen in one joint or more and can get worsen with the time of life. There are amply of different types of arthritis exists, with different causes and treatments. There are various symptoms of arthritis but the common ones include stiffness, joint pain, swelling and redness around the skin. In many cases, the symptoms appear suddenly and the disease is usually seen in adults above the age of 65 (found mostly in women more than men and overweight people).
There are various medications and treatments available to cure arthritis but lifestyle changes like weight loss, a healthy diet, maintaining an exercise regimen can also decrease the symptoms of arthritis while reducing the risk of any further complications.
Today, we bring you foods to eat and foods to avoid for effective treating of the condition of arthritis. Give a quick read to these and incorporate these foods into your lifestyle to get rid of arthritis symptoms.
Foods to eat
Foods to avoid
- Fried and processed foods: Fried and processed foods fill up the negative calories in the body which leads to weight gain (one of the major cause of arthritis) and worsen the condition of arthritis. As per various researches, “Decreasing the consumption of fried and packaged foods like fried meats, chips, flour-based food items, cookies, drinks and many others can reduce inflammation and actually help restore the body’s natural defenses which ultimately treats the condition of arthritis.”
- Sugary foods: Foods rich in sugar not only increase the inflammation but it also leads to various other health ailments like increased body weight, high cholesterol levels, increased risk of diabetes and heart diseases. Cut down the consumption of packaged sugary drinks, candies, baked goods, sodas (even diet sodas) to relive out the arthritis pain and symptoms.
- Refined carbs: Simple and refined carbs are known as the bad carbs and can increase the risk of various diseases in the body. Consumption of refined carbs can worsen the condition of arthritis in no time. Replace your refined oil from healthier version like olive oil, extra virgin olive oil and sunflower oil and reduce the consumption of refined grains like pasta, pastries, white flour, sweet desserts, pizza and many others to treat the symptoms of arthritis.
- Dairy products: Due to the nature of protein dairy products consume, it can add up to arthritis pain. Some people found this type of protein irritated for the inflammation while for some a change to a vegan diet is relieving as it does not contain any animal product. Always check your reaction towards the dairy products and consult a doctor whether you can incorporate dairy products in your diet during arthritis or not.
P.S.: A smart way to get protein is to get it from green veggies instead of getting it from meat and dairy products.
- Alcohol and tobacco: Consuming alcohol and tobacco can give you plenty of health ailments including joint inflammations. If you consume too much alcohol and smoke on a regular basis then you are at a high risk of developing rheumatoid arthritis or gout.
Over to you
Apart from this, you can incorporate various physical activities in your lifestyle and get an adequate amount of rest to cure arthritis. Regular exercising can help in managing a healthy weight which is quite important for improving the condition of arthritis. Also, it helps in keeping your joints supple, flexible, and runny and helps in the smooth functioning of the body.