The pandemic COVID-19 has now infected more than 1,150 patients, claiming the lives of 32 people. With the rapid growth of this disease, the government is getting more adamant and harsher with the guidelines that have been set for the people to follow.
Several sports leagues were postponed due to the COVID-19 scare and now the 2020 Tokyo Olympics has been rescheduled from July 23 to August 8 in 2021.
On 29th March 2020, thousands of migrants assembled at the Delhi Bus Station when the government arranged special buses to help them reach their native lands. These people were left stranded after Narendra Modi announced the 21 days lockdown in India. These migrants had no other option apart from walking several miles back to their hometowns. The government identified these people and arranged buses for them to help them reach back home. 1,000 buses were organized as claimed by the UP government and Delhi CM, Arvind Kejriwal said that 200 DTC buses will be provided for their service.
A shocking video revealed that migrants who were returning to their homes in Uttar Pradesh were sprayed with disinfectant to sanitize them. They were told by the official present that this spray would do no harm to them and found it necessary to spray a disinfectant on thousands of people publicly.
175 people from the Nizamuddin area in Delhi were tested after being exposed to the infection at a gathering in a mosque attended by visitors from Malaysia, Indonesia, Kyrgyzstan, and Saudi Arabia. 24 people were tested positive of the novel coronavirus.
Many celebrities have made contributions to the PM relief fund to fight COVID-19. Akshay Kumar has contributed Rs 25 crore while Sachin Tendulkar donated Rs 25 lakh to both the PM Relief Fund and the CM of Maharashtra’s Relief Fund. Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma have been actively speaking on social platforms about the COVID-19 spread. They made an announcement of making a donation to the PM Relief Fund without revealing the total amount.
Corporations such as Adani Foundation has donated Rs 100 crore and Tata Sons and Tata trusts have promised to donate Rs 1,500 crore while Patanjali claims to contribute Rs 25 crores to fight the growing pandemic.
Other Highlights included:
- A 54-year-old woman died in West Bengal who was tested positive for coronavirus
- Johnson & Johnson will begin testing a vaccine for COVID-19 by September
- Maharashtra reports the highest number of deaths i.e. 7 deaths followed by Gujarat at 6 deaths
- JNU extends deadline for entrance exam amidst the pandemic scare
- The government said that there is no plan to extend the 21 days lockdown
- US President extends social distancing orders due to the rise in the number of COVID-19 cases
- Kerala has a total of 194 cases
- 17 new cases in Andhra Pradesh have surfaced
- Italy now has 101,739 cases with 11,591 deaths
Follow the rules laid down by the government to protect yourself from this escalating virus. Stay inside your houses, don’t panic and don’t trust the fake news.