Right from your mood to your energy levels, everything relies on your sleep. A night of good sleep can sparkle up your mood, decrease the risk of various diseases, reduce your stress levels while brighten up your whole day. A night of good sleep is a definite add-on to your overall health and well-being and keeps the various health complications at bay. Various factors can affect your sleep while making you all grumpy and cranky. But some bedtime ritual changes can easily boost your sleep quality while making your mornings all happy and healthy.
Here are some tips that can help you in boosting your sleep.
- Well balanced diet: A well-balanced diet that includes all the nutrients is a great way to boost your sleep while killing the laziness and lethargy vibes. In addition to protein, fats, carbs and other essential nutrient, consumption of tryptophan (an amino-acid which is generally found in protein-rich food items) are extremely important. Tryptophan helps in the production of melatonin which is quintessential to boost your sleep quality. Foods like pulses, legumes, lentils, nuts and seeds, chicken, fish and eggs are rich in this nutrient and do add these in your diet to get the effective dosage of these nutrients.
- Make your dinner light: Incorporating dinners that are light and healthy are a way to get good sleep. Light foods do not disturb your digestive tract and you can sleep well easily. If you consume heavy meals during dinner then your digestive system keep working at night to digest the food and you won’t be able to sleep fully and wake up all tired the next day. You can include soups, salads and stir-fry veggies in your diet to consumer fewer calories without compromising the nutritional profile.
- Check the consumption of alcohol: You might be confused as alcohol makes us sleepier but let us tell you that over time consumption of alcohol can easily interrupt your sleep pattern while interfering with your body’s capability of profound sleep. Make sure you always keep a check on the consumption of alcohol quantities to keep yourself all hale and hearty.
- Keep away the blue light: The emission of blue light from smartphones, laptop and TVs can easily disturb your sleep while making you more alert. The harmful blue light can easily decrease the melatonin in the body which directly leads to poor sleep. Make sure to not use the screen at least 2 hours before sleep in order to get deep sleep.
- Reduce the consumption of caffeine: Caffeine is well known to reduce sleep and to make your mind more attentive and vigilant. Make sure to reduce your caffeine intake during the whole day to make your nights full of good sleep. Not only this, but consumption of fizzy drinks, soda, tea or any other energy drink should also be decreased before sleeping.
A well-balanced diet and some lifestyle changes can calm down your mind while giving your quality sleep. Try these above-written pointers to get a night of good ZZZZssss.