With the introduction of different types of viruses and plenty of health ailments, everyone (especially women) needs to get into the habit of regular health tests. Regular tests will save you from various health ailments while making your coming years more happy and healthy. Proper health tests from an early age will keep an eye on your well-being. Here are some health tests that every woman should definitely incorporate into her lifestyle.
- Screening for breast cancer: If you are in your 20s and 30s, make breast cancer screening a regular part of your check-up. Breast cancer can be treated properly if you find it early. Keep checking your breasts and if you find a lump then connect to your doctor. Doctors generally recommend mammography (X-ray) to check breast cancer.
- Cholesterol screening: High cholesterol and triglyceride are one of the major problems that are bothering almost half the population of the world. Due to the changes in diet and no or fewer body movements at an older age, the chances of high cholesterol even increase more. High cholesterol levels increase the risk of various heart problems. Therefore, it is quite important to do cholesterol screening every 3 months.
- Bone density scan: Women are more prone to weak bones! Weak bones can lead to various health ailments like osteoporosis, osteopenia, arthritis and hypocalcaemia. A bone density scan helps in examining your bone mass and thereby tells you about the strength of your bones. Various researches said that men and women are both prone to weak bones but there are more chances that women get affected by this.
- Blood pressure test: Blood pressure is also known by the name of the silent disease as it does not show any noticeable symptoms. Blood pressure screening is quite important for older people, even if they don’t have any history of high blood pressure levels. If your blood pressure levels are high, then checking it more frequently is essential as well. As per studies, “64% of men and 69% of women age between 65 and 74 years have high blood pressure.” It can further create heart problems and kidney disorders and hence it’s quite imperative to check blood pressure levels once a year.
- Blood sugar test: A blood sugar test is one of the important tests that should be regularly done to ensure healthy ageing. A blood sugar test generally measures the level of glucose (sugar) in your blood. High blood sugar levels can further cause various complications in the body and it is quite imperative to pay heed to your number. As per doctors, healthy blood sugar levels are “Less than 100 milligrams per deciliter (mg/dL) on a blood sugar test and an HbA1C of less than 5.7%.”If your blood sugar levels are elevated then incorporating some lifestyle changes like eating a healthy diet, losing weight and indulging in physical activities might help in getting it back to normal.
- HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) tests: HIV, hepatitis C and B can be lifelong conditions if not detected early. Other STDs e.g. syphilis, bacterial vaginosis, gonorrhoea and warts can be treated with appropriate medical care, if detected early. This will lessen the risk of miscarriages and infertility.
Always keep a check on your numbers and try to consume a healthy and nutritious diet. Do these health tests regularly in order to keep yourself healthy and hearty.