Embark on a crisp and flavorful adventure with our Cucumber Kimchi. This refreshing take on the traditional Korean delight combines the cool crunch of cucumbers with the bold and zesty profile of kimchi, offering a delightful fusion of textures and tastes.
2 pickling cucumbers
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 scallions, white and light green parts only, finely chopped
1 1/4-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 tablespoon Korean chile powder
½ teaspoon fish sauce
- Cut cucumbers in half lengthwise and then crosswise into 1/8-inch-thick half moons.
- Place in a medium bowl and mix thoroughly with salt. Let stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine garlic, scallions, ginger, vinegar, chile powder and fish sauce in a medium nonreactive bowl.
- Drain the cucumbers let it discard the liquid then stir the cucumbers into the vinegar mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours before serving.
Cucumber Kimchi offers vitamin K from cucumbers for bone health and potential antioxidant benefits, while kimchi’s fermentation process may enhance nutrient absorption and contribute to gut health, enhancing its nutritional value
Calories: ~ 8 kcal
Carbohydrates: ~ 2g