The way to happiness is from the stomach and the desire for tasty food never ends. To curb down those cravings and desire that we get every day, here we come with a nutritious and scrumptious recipe called Lemon Turmeric Energy Balls. These energy balls are gluten-free which makes it easy to digest.
Every single ingredient in this recipe is loaded with its respective nourishing value. Oats are packed with important vitamins, fibre, minerals and micronutrients like manganese, phosphorus, vitamin B5, magnesium, copper and iron. Health benefits of oats include reduced cholesterol levels, controls high blood sugar levels and promote the growth of good bacteria in the digestive tract. Lemon is a great source of vitamin C which is required for purification of blood. Turmeric contains beta-carotene, vitamin C, calcium, flavonoids, fibre, iron, niacin, potassium and zinc which are essential for stimulating the proper development of the body.
- 25 grams rolled oats
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 small date pitted
- 1 almond
- ½ teaspoons chia seeds
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoon shredded coconut for dusting
- Calories: 229 kcal
- Carbs: 34.5 grams
- Protein: 5.7 grams
- Fats: 7.6 grams
- Recommended for: High cholesterol
- Course: Snacks
- Remove the pits from dates and soak it in hot water for 30 minutes. When the dates get softened, drain them and place in a food processor.
- Add rest of the ingredients except coconut and blend all together. Turns the mixture into a dough-like consistency. Add 1 tablespoon of water in which you have soaked the dates if, the mixture is too dry.
- Divide the dough in equal portion and roll into balls. Roll the balls in shredded coconut and place on the baking sheet.
- Store energy balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator and relish them whenever you want.
Over to you
Energy balls are energizing and sufficient to provide your one-time nutrient requirement. Give it a try and don’t forget to share your feedback in the comment section below.