Carrot cutlets are loved by all and are the perfect breakfast snack recipe. This easy to prepare recipe can be made at home within minutes. The mix of veggies along with rice flakes gives that crispy texture to the cutlets. These are very versatile and different veggies as per the preference can be added to prepare cutlets.
Nutritional benefits: Carrots are very nutritious and a great source of vitamins and minerals especially Vitamin A, biotin and potassium. It provides various health benefits such as lowers the blood cholesterol, aids weight loss and is good for eye health. Beetroot on the other end is high in fibre and contain inorganic nitrates and pigments that are good for athletic performance. The betalains in the beets have anti- inflammatory activity that protects from inflammation.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 10 grams onion
- 1-2 curry leaves
- 10 grams mashed potatoes
- 10 grams beetroot
- 10 grams carrots (grated)
- 5 grams rice flakes for binding
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- Salt and black pepper as per taste
- A pinch of cinnamon powder
- 1 pinch of nutmeg powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- Nutrition Info
- 80 kcal
- 9.1 grams
- 0.8 grams
- 4.8 grams
- Heat some oil in a skillet; add in the onions to stir fry till they turn golden brown.
- Then add in the curry leaves and leave it for about 2 minutes.
- Add in the mashed potatoes, beetroot, ginger garlic paste, grated carrots; mix well and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the spices and let it cook on medium flame for about 5-10 minutes.
- After it is cooked, turn off the flame and keep it aside for about 15 minutes.
- Divide the cutlets in equal parts and form round shape.
- Coat the mix with rice flakes.
- Air fry or bake the cutlets.
- Preheat the oven at 180ºC.
- On the baking tray, spray some oil and layer the cutlets.
- Bake them for about 15 minutes or until they change colour.
- Serve with mint- mustard chutney and enjoy!
Over to you:
Baked carrot cutlets are the best meals that are cheap and made with ingredients available at home. Do try and share this delicious recipe with your family and friends.Happy cooking!