High cholesterol is one of the leading causes of heart diseases and an increasing rate of heart attacks and problems. There are some tests like Total Cholesterol, Low-Density Lipoproteins (LDL) and High-Density Lipoprotein to check all cholesterol levels.
Increased values of total and LDL cholesterol are bad for your health and they increase the risk of heart attack, whereas HDL or High-Density Lipoprotein is good for your health.
High levels of Total and LDL need to be maintained by a combination of techniques and plans, they are controlled by good diet, regular exercise, idealistic body weight and having an overall healthy lifestyle.
Some of the good remedies to manage cholesterol levels naturally are
- Garlic- It has enhancing qualities of health, it is made up of amino acids, minerals, vitamins, organosulfur chemicals like ajoene, allicin, s-allylcysteine, s-methylcysteine, and diallyl disulfide.
It got known after many types of research that garlic is effective in reducing bad cholesterol or Total or LDL cholesterol. It is known that the consumption of garlic clove can reduce your cholesterol level by up to 9%
- Green Tea – It is a great source of polyphenols; these compounds can also provide many health benefits. It is known as a reducer of LDL and effectively increases HDL cholesterol.
There were tests conducted on people who drank green tea that had lower cholesterol levels, there have been studies conducted that indicated that the polyphenols of tea that also block the absorption of cholesterol in the intestines and also helps get rid of it. Drinking 2-3 cups of green tea is something you need.
- Coriander Seeds – Dhaniya is a good cholesterol lowering agent. Their seeds have numerous vitamins like folic acid, vitamin A, vitamin c, and beta-carotene.
- Psyllium husk – It consists of soluble fiber from the husk and it is known to be low in saturated fat and cholesterol.
It is also known to reduce the risk of heart disease. It is a source of soluble fiber and is known to significantly reduce levels of LDL cholesterol.
- Fenugreek Seeds – It is known as a flavoring agent, known for medicinal plays and is also a famous culinary spice.
It is rich in Vitamin E and is good for diabetic patients, it also works as an anti-inflammatory and antioxidants.
The organic substance found in fenugreek is saponins that help remove cholesterol from the body and also reduces the synthesis in the liver.
Having about one or a half teaspoon of seeds is highly recommended.
Foods from natural sources are always the greatest contributors in maintaining good health.
Try these remedies and see the difference in your health.