Covid-19 has been a constant threat for the last 2 years and now that we see an improvement, we all can be relieved. Covid-19 is a virus that affects the respiratory system the most and spreads through the body very easily. The government of India took crucial steps to stop the spreading of the virus by making affected areas containment zones, quarantining people at their homes to reduce the burden from hospitals, and limiting the infection to a particular area itself.
The Ministry of Health tweeted about the active caseload of Covid-19 being at 0.06% with the recovery rate at 98.74% and we can see that it is getting better, gradually. It might be just a number but the results are surely alleviating.
Here Are Some Highlights:
- 181.24 crore doses have been administered so far under a nationwide vaccination drive.
- India’s active caseload currently stands at 25,106 with 0.06%.
- The recovery rate is currently at 98.74%.
- 2652 recoveries in the last 24 hours, which further increases total recoveries to 4,24,67,774
- 1549 new cases are recorded in the last 24 hours.
- The daily positivity rate is 0.40%and the weekly positivity rate is at 0.40%.
- 3,84,449 tests were conducted in the last 24 hours, whereas 78.30 crore total tests have been conducted so far.
Covid-19 is a fast-spreading infection, it can spread even by a little inhale or exhale. It is not something we can take lightly, seeing the recovery rate and caseload. The country is combatting the deadly virus and vaccination is one of the most crucial steps we must take, as it is helping us control the spread of Covid-19 infection. It is necessary that we still take the precautions and guidelines very seriously. Wearing masks, avoiding public gatherings or places, preferring work from home are some steps that can be taken to control the surge.
It is not just the duty of the government but the common people too, we all must play the part. It has been over 2 years since we are stuck in a loop of work from home, but the recovery rate is a positive sign that the pandemic may be finally coming to an end. Practice all preventive measures and protect yourself from the spread. Stay safe.