Do you keep looking for easy home remedies or DIYs to get rid of your stretch marks?
We got your back!
Stretch marks are just like scars and they appear on our body when our skin stretches or shrinks quickly. Reasons behind the stretching of the skin may be hitting of puberty, pregnancy and rapid weight gain. Stretch marks begin as reddish or purple or pink and sometimes brown too in colour depending on the skin tone which can appear anywhere in the body but you’ll see them mostly around the area which has more fat stored. The most common places where stretch marks tend to appear are the abdomen, breasts, upper arms, underarms, back, thighs.
The stretch marks don’t go away but can lighten with time if you use proper remedies for it. These marks can happen to both men and women depending upon their respective bodies. There are some remedies that we have for you, which are easy as well as effective; you don’t need any machines or tools to do it because it’s Do It Yourself (DIY) remedies at home as follows:
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is one of the vital and most commonly used plants for medicinal purposes. It is known to be giving miraculous healing properties and it also helps to regenerate the skin tissue. Using Aloe Vera gel naturally and applying it on the stretch marks for 20-30 minutes daily will make the marks lighter eventually.
- Almond Oil: Almond oil is one of the most effective and natural remedies which helps to get rid of the stretch marks. Rich in Vitamin E, proteins, zinc and potassium because of which it has good healing capacity for the damaged skin fibre. It also lightens the skin tone thus helping in fading away of stretch marks.
- Cucumber and Lemon Juice: Lemon juice has acidic properties which help in healing and reducing the scars and cucumber juice has soothing and cooling properties which makes the skin feel fresh. Mix the cucumber and lemon juice and apply it on the area where you have stretch marks, leave it for 10 minutes, let it dry and then rinse with warm water.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil has been in use because of its healing properties, it is used as a healer for many skin related problems and the stretch marks do fade away by using coconut oil regularly.
- Apricot Mask: Apricots are said to be having great exfoliating tendencies that is it helps in removing the dead skin cells from the surface of the skin. Take some fresh apricots and take out the seed, crush them properly and make a paste which can be applied on the stretch marks and leave it on for 15 minutes and wash it with water. Try this for a month and see the results.
Over to You
Stretch marks are not a medical problem but it happens because of the stretchiness of the skin. It is not considered as a skin problem but they may stay on your skin for a longer time. Try these remedies we have for you and see the results. They might not go away but will lighten with time.
Going for treatments to get rid of marks is not necessary; it is just getting more chemicals inside the body. One should learn to accept the changes happening in the body and if want to get rid of them, you may choose home remedies over treatments.