Looking for a healthy yet delicious breakfast for Sunday. The recipe for Millet Porridge with Berry Compote is the one for you.
Millets are a rich source of dietary fiber. Millets are Probiotics and great for gut health. Berries are rich sources of Vitamin C and Antioxidants helpful in treating inflammation and degenerative diseases. This recipe is highly nutritious. Dates are rich in potassium, folate, and dietary fiber.
- 153.4 Kcal
- 3.2 Grams
- 30.1 Grams
- 3 Grams
- 3 Tbsp. Millet
- 250ml Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 Seedless Dates
- ½ Cup mixed frozen fruits (berries, cherries, blackcurrants, and strawberries)
- ½ Inch Cinnamon Stick
- For Compote, in a pan, put milk and dates and bring to boil and stir well so they break down.
- Add frozen fruit, water, and cinnamon to a pan; and cook over medium heat, stirring well in between. Leave it to cool.
- Rinse the millet thoroughly. Add millet to a saucepan, and add almond milk and 350ml water.
- Put the flame to simmer for 12-15 minutes. Keep stirring frequently and in-between until the grains are tender.
- In a bowl, add millet porridge and compote over it and it is ready to serve.
Over To You
Highly nutritious ‘Millet Porridge with Berry Compote is a must-try breakfast recipe.