We cannot deny that winter does make us feel lethargic but as winter is all set to bid adieu, make sure that you say adios to that winter sloth and laziness. To mark the vibes of enthusiasm in the season change; it is extremely vital to modify your sedentary lifestyle. Keeping yourself healthy, energised and fit this spring requires some investment of effort. But if you wonder how and where to start, then here are some basics that you should consider while initiating your journey of season change.
- Load up on seasonal and fresh produce: Seasonal and fresh produce ensure you the maximum nutrition along with filling you with fresh and invigorating vibes. Loading up your kitchen cabinets with healthy and nourishing fresh fruits and veggies are the best way to keep yourself fit and fine throughout the season. Eat at least 5 servings of seasonal fruits and veggies to decrease the risk of health ailments while keeping yourself energised and contented.
- Keep yourself hydrated: Proper hydration helps in eliminating the toxins from the body while saving you from various health problems like constipation. Dehydration is one of the major causes of skin breakouts and other skin problems and hence it is recommended to drink at least 2.5-3 litres of water in a day. You can also add buttermilk, coconut water, and fresh fruits infused water to your diet to maximise the results.
- Get up and move: Moving and indulging yourself in at least 30-45 minutes of a fitness regime is the best way to bid adieu to plenty of health complications while filling yourself up with energy and optimism. You can do yoga, aerobics, meditation, dance workout and strength training in order to get going healthily during the season change.
- Sound sleep: Physical exercises? Done! Healthy eating? Done! Hydration? Done! We always keep a tab on every factor of good health but often forget about one of the most vital elements i.e. sound sleep! A night of sound sleep helps in recharging your body and mind while making you more active. 7-9 hours of sleep in a day helps in setting a positive mind-set while charging your body.
- Add in immunity-boosting foods: A change in season brings us closer to flu, viruses and colds. A healthy immunity helps in safeguarding our health from the attack of harmful viruses and bacteria while keeping us all hale and hearty. Do add citrus fruits like lemons, strawberries, oranges, bell peppers, broccoli and kiwis to your diet to strengthen your immune system.
Abide by the above-written pointers to keep yourself happy and healthy during this spring. A season change can be quite challenging but make sure that you stick to the basics to avoid any health glitches while keeping yourself healthy and fit.