Herbs and herbal teas have been known for their wide array of flavours and health benefits for a long time. Yes, we all know a well-famed herbal tea known as green tea but there’s this new natural herb (lemongrass) that has gained much momentum in recent years. As tea is one of the most loved beverages in India, lemongrass tea can easily be consumed at any time of the day while giving you plenty of health benefits. Lemongrass tea is rich in antioxidants and assists in flushing out the toxins from the body while soothing you with freshness. Not abiding by this, right from digestion, de-stress to treating infection and pain- lemongrass tea is a perfect choice to add to your routine.
- Helps in boosting digestion: Lemongrass tea is naturally diuretic in nature and therefore it helps in easing out the digestive issues. Consuming lemongrass tea twice a day can easily treat nausea, constipation, bloating, flush out the toxins from your body, keep your stomach healthy and assist in keeping the digestive system on track. Various studies said that lemongrass is also effective against gastric ulcers and also relieves cramping.
- Balance high blood pressure levels: Lemongrass tea offers great quantities of potassium which further increase urine production in the body. This further helps in enhancing the circulation of blood in the body and lower down the high blood pressure levels. As per a 2012 observational study, “lemongrass tea is more effective than green tea.”
- Assist in losing weight: Lemongrass tea is a great way to detox your body. It further helps in boosting metabolism, which helps in managing your weight. Lemongrass tea is high in polyphenol compounds and has a high content of caffeine which further enhances your energy levels and fat oxidation thus helping in weight loss.
- Lower down the anxiety: We all know that natural teas are well-known for their rejuvenating properties. Well, lemongrass tea works in the same way. Lemongrass is an effective tea that helps in relieving stress and ease out the symptoms of anxiety and stress. It will soothe you with the freshness and give you the much-needed rejuvenation to bid adieu to the unnecessary stress
- Promote hair growth: Lemongrass helps in strengthening the hair which further assists in the proper growth. It helps in unclogging the hair follicles further makes the hair strong, shiny and long. Moreover, lemongrass offers essential nutrients like vitamin A and C that can do wonders on your hair and skin health. Regular consumption of lemongrass tea may significantly reduce the hair fall while making your hair long and shiny.
So, now you know the benefits of this herbal tea, don’t wait more! Just boil some lemongrass in the water, sip it and enjoy the benefits.