Hiccups are the most annoying thing and we all suffer from it at some point in time. Yes, these can go on their own but sometimes these hiccups can last long which is quite irritating and can also disturb our various day-to-day activities. There are plenty of tricks which can help in getting rid of the hiccups but if you want the most effective ones then you have stumbled upon the right place. Here are some safe and sound home remedies that can help you in getting rid of the hiccups.
- Deep breathing: This is one of the simple remedies to bid adieu to hiccups. All you have to do is start by taking deep breaths and try to hold it for some seconds. Then again take a small breath and hold it for a few seconds and exhale gently. Do this for 5-6 times for effective results.
- The solution of honey and castor oil: This is one of the famous Ayurvedic remedies to stop hiccups completely. All you have to do is take some honey and castor oil and consume it drop by drop. This remedy is extremely beneficial to recover the standard composure and say goodbye to your hiccups easily.
- Try green olives: You might be listening about this first time but let us tell you that it can do wonders to your hiccups like no other. Green olives are pungent in taste and it is said that such unusual taste is well known to stop hiccups. Consume 2-3 green olives for 3-4 times for instant results.
- Squeeze your knees and put them towards your chest: Comforting your diaphragm is the simplest way to stop your hiccups and you can do it by hugging your knees. Hold the posture for some minutes or until your hiccups discontinue.
- Inhale and exhale into a paper bag: This is one of the well-known remedies to get rid of the hiccups. You have definitely heard of this plenty of times. All you have to do is put a paper bag in front of your mouth and nose and inhale and exhale inside it.
- Honey and water: This remedy is simple and easy and it can do wonders to your hiccups. All you have to do is take half glass of warm water and add 2 teaspoons of honey in it. Now, put a small amount of it on the back of your tongue. Do this 4-5 times for instant results.
Try these remedies if you are suffering from hiccups for a long time. Comment and let us know what remedies you try at home to get rid of the hiccups.