Do you also indulge a lot in binge-watching while sitting at home? And do you also feel guilty after eating all those snacks and worried about your favourite pair of pants and dresses won’t fit after quarantine?
If yes, then we have the perfect solution for you! Sedentary behaviour and overeating while staying at home results in chubbiness and weight gain! Being overweight is a house of many diseases like high blood pressure, high cholesterol levels, type 2 diabetes, heart diseases and it can easily decrease your self-confidence.
They say that holiday weight is inevitable! But not anymore! Here are some easy-peasy tips that can help you in losing weight. These small and easy changes in your lifestyle not only reduce those extra pounds but also reduce the risk of various diseases as well.
- Stick to smart snacking: One of the great reasons of weight gain is consuming unhealthy snacking foods items. Eating fried food, processed and packaged foods like cookies, cakes, pizza, pasta and diet-free sodas can easily add up to your weight while increasing the risk of various health ailments as well. Instead of consuming such food items, add nuts and seeds, salads, fruits, soups and stir-fry veggies in your snacking time. These are filled with great nutrients and can make you hale and hearty. Apart from this, hide the treats in your kitchen- this way you can easily forget about those fancy treats at home.
- Plan your meals: Eating at any time of the day, skipping meals or consuming it out of boredom results in overeating which leads to weight gain. Always plan your meals and make a mix of different nutrients in your each and every meal so that your body gets every nutrient during the whole day. Mindful eating can easily cut back your extra pounds and keeps the diseases at bay. You can add cereals, grains, fresh and seasonal fruits and vegetables, nuts and seeds and yoghurt in your diet.
- Watch your portion size: Consuming everything in one go is a great cause of weight gain. Various studies show that people who overload their plate and eat a large portion of food at a time results in weight gain very quickly. When you consume everything in one go- your body will not easily digest it and as a result, it leads to packing pounds. So, divide your meals and eat it at different intervals in order to avoid unnecessary weight gain. You can use smaller plates, skip eating while cooking, and use hands for serving to consume smaller meals.
- Stay hydrated: Drinking enough water in a day flushes out all the toxins from the body which help in maintaining a healthy weight. You can start your day with lemon water to give a quick boost to your metabolism and sip 2.5-3 litres of water every day. You can make infused water at home and add coconut water in your diet to stay hydrated and to lose weight healthily.
- Be active: We all become lazy while staying at home and not involving ourselves much in physical activities is one of the major causes of weight gain. 30-45 minutes of exercising regularly can help in losing weight while reducing the risk of developing various health ailments. As we are all at home you can use your stairs for the workout, add skipping, dance workout, yoga, and Zumba in your lifestyle.
While staying at home, add these easy ways in your lifestyle to keep yourself in shape and to minimise the risk of developing diseases. Work on yourself and do not follow any fad diets or cut any meal or nutrient from your diet as it can harm your body like nothing else.