More than one billion smoke cigarettes across the world which is almost 20 percent of the entire population. To find out why the population of people smoking is so high, we need to understand what makes cigarettes so appealing to the audience. Smoking mostly stems out as a mechanism to induce pleasurable feelings and it suffices immediate needs. Nicotine is a chemical found in cigarettes that enhances this feeling. Nicotine is extremely addictive and this is what makes it hard for people to quit smoking and often relapse.
Data and studies show that teenagers are also involved in practicing smoking. Most of them either find smoking cool or they do it under peer pressure. Acceptance is the utmost priority for teens and they take up cigarettes to not feel alone and left out.
The body adapts to nicotine in no time and starts demanding more. The person is likely to fulfill this urge which eventually turns into an addiction. The dosage of tobacco keeps increases day by day, without the person even acknowledging that tobacco has turned into a serious addiction. It is only when the body goes into withdrawal, smokers find it impossible to turn away from tobacco. Smokers quickly become dependent om nicotine. They suffer physical, mental and emotional as soon as their body goes into withdrawal.
Smoking has done more harm than good. It is the leading cause of developing life-threatening diseases such as lung cancer, mouth cancer, throat cancer, sexual dysfunction, and kidney failures. No good has come from tobacco yet still people are using it. Acknowledging the severity of this matter, we are here to tell you why you should immediately stop consuming tobacco, be it in any form or shape.
Here are 5 reasons why you need to say no to tobacco:
- Contributes to cancer: Tobacco causes various imparities and has long term effects on the body. Lung cancer is a result of smoking. Other kinds of cancer include liver cancer, cervical cancer, bladder cancer, mouth cancer, and throat cancer. In addition to this, chances are that the treatment adopted to cure cancer might also fail due to smoking.
- Reduces your life span: Male smokers lose almost 13 years of their life due to smoking while female smokers lose 14.5 years. Tobacco is known to cause life-threatening imparities that are impossible to cure. No amount of medication or treatments will be able to treat a smoker. It is like knowingly killing yourself and tearing your body apart.
- Impairs your sleeping pattern: Smokers have reported difficulty in sleeping as compared to non-smokers. They feel unrested and lethargic because their sleep is compromised. Smokers struggle to sleep because nicotine disrupts their sleeping cycle. They are likely to get agitated and suffer from insomnia.
- Damage to the cardiovascular system: Nicotine, a harmful chemical found in tobacco can damage your blood vessels. It can tighten the blood vessels and restrict the blood flow in your body. Smoking can also elevate your blood pressure and increase blood clots. Strokes and heart attacks are likely to occur due to excessive smoking.
- Weakens the immune system: Smoking makes your body more susceptible to chronic diseases. Your body loses the ability to fight off foreign substances, making it easier for bacteria and viruses to enter the body. It puts you at risk of developing immune disorders that are extremely difficult to treat.
Several warnings have been issued which inform us about the health deficits and imparities caused due to consumption of tobacco. Withdrawal may be hard but it’s a sign that your body is healing. It is never too late for you to quit the habit of smoking.