The Rajwadi land of Rajputs is a paradise for foodies out there. Rajasthan is truly a paradise because of its rich flavors and excellent combinations of spices, masalas and to top it all, the sweets. Rajasthani cuisine is a plethora of dishes; ranging from tangy drinks to spicy starters, mouth-watering sabzis, and crunchy bread along with added delights of chutneys, achars, papad, and chhach. So today we’ll look at 5 food items that we recommend you to try the next time you visit the state.
Refreshing Zest of Rajasthan.
- Dal bati churma. This does not come as a surprise at all! Dal bati churma is synonymous with Rajasthan; known for its crunchy batis, dipped in ghee along with spicy daal and sweet churma. This one item will single-handedly make your taste buds miss the state on your way back home.
- Mawa kachoris from Jodhpur are a must-try dish in Rajasthan. These kachoris are stuffed with mawa along with crispy dry fruits and served hot. This makes it the perfect breakfast snack for the locals and they’re not wrong. One try and you’ll be wanting more.
- Typical Rajasthani food platters are almost incomplete without gattes; Rajasthan has a variety of Gatte preparations. Gatte pulao is a festive preparation, where vegetables are replaced by gattes, served with Mangodi ki Daal or Kadhi.
- Ghevar is a name you’ll hear a lot when you ask a localite for sweet recommendations. This crunchy delight is a heaven for people with a sweet tooth. Available in various forms and shapes, Ghevar can aptly be called one of the crown dishes of Rajasthani food.
- Malpuas are another authentic food of Rajasthan. This delicious dish, prepared from flour, milk, khoya, and added dry-fruits. Complimentary servings include Rabdi with Malpua. This mouth water delicacy will make your taste buds know the definition of sweet.
Over to you.
Rajasthan is a paradise for foodies. With an amazing combination of spices, masalas, and sweets this state will make your taste buds miss the state even more. On your next trip to Rajasthan make sure you check out the above-mentioned food items.