By now, we all have known that strong immunity is extremely vital for prosperous health. A strong immune system not only safeguards you from the virus and infectious microbes but it also works around the clock to ensure proper well-being. Various factors like stress, anxiety, excessive consumption of alcohol can impact the immune system while making it weak and taking us closer to infectious diseases. If you want to know about how to evaluate your immune system, then here are 5 signs that you should look out for.
- You get sick easily and frequently: Falling sick easily and frequently is one of the most common signs of weak immunity. A weak immunity does not shield you from harmful viruses and bacteria and therefore lead to frequent illnesses. As per the health experts, “catching a cold more than three times a year and taking a long time to recover from it is an indicator of a weaken immunity.”
- You always feel tired and remain low on energy: Feeling fatigued even after sleeping well is a sign of weaken immunity. A weak immunity requires more energy and hence keeps your body tired. Do include foods like lemons, oranges, kiwi, and strawberries in your diet to boost your immune system. Also, pay heed towards your physical activity to ensure activeness and to keep your body energetic.
- Gut issues: It is said that a big part of our immune system resides in our gut. Even a slight imbalance in the gut bacteria can take you closer to various infectious diseases. Digestion is also depended upon your gut bacteria and hence if you are frequently suffering from gas, bloating, constipation and diarrhoea, then your immune system is weak and you have to start boosting your gut flora by incorporating immunity-boosting foods in your diet.
- More prone to infections: In addition to cough and cold, if you are easily catching infections like UTI, sinuses, ear infections then it reflects that virus can easily attack your body and hence is an indicator of weak immunity. A weak immune system cannot produce antibodies to fight against the harmful bacteria and viruses and therefore they can easily attack your body while making you sick.
- Your wounds heal slowly: As soon as your skin gets a cut or a burn then your skin cells are readily available to rescue you. If you have a strong immune system, then those cuts and burn can easily be healed with a new skin but if the duration of this process is elongated, then this means that your immune system is slow and inactive. Pay heed towards the process and then only you will be able to properly assess the well-being of your immunity.
Watch out the above signs to access the well-being of your immune system. Make sure to add nourishing food items in your diet to boost your immunity. Vitamin C rich foods support immune system like no other and hence adding such food items in your diet is extremely vital.