Mobile phones have become an integral part of our lives, it has come to a point that mobile phones are now controlling our lives. You will find only a few people who are not into phones; else people are into their phones most of the times. People have started doing everything through mobile, be it business, be it working on some project, be it anything. In true sense, mobile phones have now become a necessity. As beneficial as the mobile phones seem they are equally bad for our overall health, affecting our body parts individually. Our eyes are really sensitive and using too much phone causes stress in the eyes. The mobile phones emit radiofrequency energy, a form of non-ionizing electromagnetic radiation, which can be absorbed by tissues close to the phone. It depends upon how much a person is using the phone, in what distance and which mobile phone is being used depends on how much radiofrequency a person is exposed to. Here are some health effects through the use of mobile phones:
- They can cause Cancer: Cell phones emit radiofrequency from the antenna, which are harmful and the body part which is closest to the antenna can absorb their energy. Large exposure to radiofrequency may cause cancer in the brain or head. The greater at risk of developing cancer from cell phone are children because their nervous system is more vulnerable than adults to factors that may cause cancer.
- Increased risk of accidents: These days, people hardly get away from their phones, they are not much bothered what is going around them and are always engaged with the phone in their hands. You’ll come across people who don’t leave their phones, even while driving and the lack of attention causes accidents.
- Leads to Bad Eye Health: Using phones regularly causes strain on the eyes. Mobile screens are small and the texts are small with such a lightning which causes stress. Once a person starts using a mobile phone, he/she gets addicted to it and affects the eye health.
- Disturbed sleep pattern: The light that stimulates through the phones makes it harder to fall asleep. There is a hormone called melatonin that controls the sleep and due to the blue light which is emitted from the phone screens restrain the production of melatonin which makes it difficult for a person to fall asleep.
- Bad Posture: Using mobile phones continuously results in a bad posture of our body. If you have ever noticed yourself while using the phone the neck is always leaning forward and the pressure on the neck causes pain. People go through cervical pains and the problem of having a bad posture.
Over to You
Mobile phones should be used in limits because the harmful radiations it emits causes major health risks in humans. Limit the hours of using the mobile phone to keep your eyes healthy and mobile phones are one big reason behind the problem of insomnia among people these days.
Keep a check on your activities related to mobile phones every day and especially before sleeping, try and not use phones at least half an hour before sleeping that makes the eyes feel strained and mind relaxed to sleep better and peacefully.