If you ever thought that bottle gourd cannot be turned into anything delicious- we will surely prove you wrong with this amazing recipe of whole-wheat bottle gourd and cinnamon cake.
Bottle gourd is really beneficial for digestive health and is a rich source of calcium and Vitamin C. It can help stabilize blood sugar levels and can help in maintaining blood pressure levels. Cinnamon is a powerful therapeutic herb with many medicinal properties. It can cut the risk of heart diseases and can regulate optimum blood sugar and insulin levels.
- 100 grams (roughly one cup) whole wheat flour
- 60 grams pureed bottle gourd
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon canola oil/ olive oil
- 50 grams fresh yogurt
- 4 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt
- Calories in one serving
- Calories: 66 Kcal
- Carbs: 11.1 grams
- Protein: 1.2 grams
- Fats: 1.9 grams
- In a large bowl sift together wheat flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, add curd and sugar and beat till smooth and fluffy. To this mixture add vanilla extract and oil. Next, add pureed bottle gourd.
- Now combine wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and blend well. You can also use an electric blender. Make sure there are no lumps or air bubbles.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree Celsius for 2-5 minutes
- Transfer the batter into a greased baking dish and bake on 180 degree Celsius for 20-25 minutes.
- Once cooked, transfer the cake on a wire rack to cool. Serve with your favourite tea or have it as it is!
Over to you:
Desserts are surely a weakness for many of us but with such innovative recipes youcan satisfy your sweet tooth in the best possible way with zero guilty bites. Share the recipe with your loved ones too!