Walnut veggie falafel is a nourishing add-on to a healthy dietary routine! All the ingredients used in this recipe hold significant levels of everyday nutrition. Try and imbibe the wonders this recipe can do to your health.
Walnuts provide healthy fats, fibre, vitamins and minerals. It is rich in antioxidants, provide high quantity of omega 3 fats, and help fight stress and inflammation.
Chickpeas are rich in vitamins, minerals and fibre. Moreover, it offers a variety of health benefits, such as improving digestion, aiding weight management and reducing the risk of several diseases.
- 7 walnuts (halved)- we recommend California walnuts
- 25 grams boiled chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- ½ small sized onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander chopped
- Salt, as per taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Nutrition Info
- 277 kcal
- 27.5 grams
- 8.2 grams
- 15.1 grams
- Place all the ingredients (except for walnuts and chickpeas) in the food processor and blend until you achieve a smooth paste-like consistency. If you don’t have a very powerful food processor then it would be better to mince onion, garlic, and coriander first.
- Blend chickpeas and California walnuts afterwards.
- Then mix everything together adding the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour the mixture in a bowl. Make little balls (dime size) with the mixture.
- Place them in a tray covered with parchment sheet.
- Flatten the balls with the help of your palms.
- Sprinkle or spray it with a bit of olive oil before placing it in oven.
- Bake the flattened balls at 200 degree Celsius for 15 minutes. (They will still be soft on the inside.)
- Ready to be served hot!
Over to you
Falafel is absolutely delicious and adding walnuts to the recipe makes it super healthy. Give it a shot and reap on the healthy benefits.