Vermicelli pudding is a sweet dish which is full of nutrients because of the healthful ingredients used in the preparation of this recipe such as milk, wheat vermicelli, dry fruits and jaggery powder.
Vermicelli is rich in proteins. Also, it is high on iron along with jaggery powder that helps in preventing anaemia. It provides you with dietary fibre which is light on your stomach and eases the process of digestion. Also, it provides vitamin A and antioxidants.
- 25 grams wheat vermicelli
- 200 millilitre low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoon jaggery powder
- A few pods of whole cardamom seed
- A few strands of saffron
- 10 grams chopped nuts of your choice
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- Nutrition Info
- 284 kcal
- 39.7 grams
- 9.9 grams
- 9.8 grams
Recommended For: Anaemia
- Take a pan and roast the vermicelli in ghee. Stir frequently to allow equal and proper roasting.
- Now, add the milk and cardamom pods to this vermicelli and bring it to the boil.
- When the milk boils, reduce gas to simmer and let it cook for nearly 10-12 minutes till the vermicelli swells in size and soak up the milk.
- Turn off the gas and garnish with saffron strands and nuts.
- Enjoy the kheer warm or it can also be cooled by refrigerating.
Over to you
Vermicelli pudding is a light and sweet dish which gets ready in no time. So, make this dish in dessert or on occasion like karva chauth to be consumed in sargi.