Ratatouille is a bright and chunky vegetable stew, rich with olive oil and fragrant with garlic and herbs. It is made by sautéing onion, garlic, zucchini, eggplant, bell pepper, and tomatoes. It is served both hot and cold.
Eggplant is a high-fibre, low calories food that is rich in nutrients and comes with many potential health benefits. Zucchini, a nutrient dense food that is high in anti-oxidants. Also, contains significant amounts of vitamins and minerals.
- ½ small sized eggplant, sliced
- ½ small sized green zucchini, sliced
- 20 grams bell peppers
- 20 grams onion
- 2 small tomatoes, sliced
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon Olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Nutrition Info
- 81 kcal
- 6.8 grams
- 2.2 grams
- 5.8 grams
- Cut vegetables into very thin slices.
- In a large pan sauté the onions in olive oil over medium heat until translucent.
- Add garlic and thyme and continue cooking until just starting to brown,
- Add other ingredients (eggplant, zucchini, bell-peppers and tomato).
- Cook for 10 – 15 minutes or until vegetables are soft and the tomatoes have broken down.
- Serve & ; enjoy!
Over to you
This vegetable ratatouille is a delicious way to enjoy colourful veggies and get maximum health benefits.