Vadapav, the popular food of Mumbai! Well, we do not need to go so far just to have Mumbai special vadapav. We are here with all the blaring secrets behind the taste of its stuffing and chutney flavor which we will curb all your monsoon spicy cravings.
This dish is full of carbohydrates, proteins and essential nutrients. The best part of the dish is that it is baked, not fried! As you know wheat is the ultimate food we use in the daily meal and is a great source of carbohydrate, apart from energy point of view it has various crucial nutrients, such as protein, dietary fibre and Vitamin B3. Mint with its freshening flavour contains few amount of vitamin A, vitamin C and calcium. Besan is incorporated with lot of proteins, dietary fibre, iron and some essential nutrients. Potato is again an energy rich ingredient. From a healthy aspect, there are many health benefits of these ingredients used in this recipe, firstly, besan is helps in weight loss, controls diabetes and also improves heart health. Mint is associated in combating with digestion problems and whole wheat with its fibre content improves our gut lining with better digestion. Potato has much amount of potassium and vitamin B6.
Calories: 170 kcal
Carbs: 22.7 grams
Protein: 5.2 grams
Fats: 6.5 grams
Course- Evening Snack
- 1 whole wheat vadapav
- 1.5 teaspoon mint chutney
- 15 grams besan flour
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 baby potato
- 1 small size green chilli
- ¼ teaspoon red chilli
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- Salt as per your taste
- Take a bowl, in which potato, besan flour, spices are added.
- Then, add water into it till the mixture attains a thick viscosity.
- Take the mixture into various ring shaped moulds and keep them in a pre-heated oven at 120C and heat for 10-20 minutes at 105 C temperature.
- Our tikki is ready for stuffing.
- Cut the vada pav into two equal parts and then spread mint chutney into both the parts.
- After that, keep the tikki between two parts of vada pav.
- Our vada pav is ready to serve.
Over to you
Include this recipe in your plans and adore it in a nutritious way in just 30 minutes! It will curb all your Indian traditional snack’s cravings.