The creamy texture and flavorful dish prepared with rich colored tomatoes, basil and roasted vegetables is all set to be added in your cookbook. It is a wholesome filling meal which makes for a perfect dinner option.
Risotto is a traditional Italian dish prepared with Arborio rice and is starchier which gives it a creamy texture. It is a healthy combination of proteins, vitamins, minerals and carbohydrates which are essential to maintain a healthy well balanced diet. It also aids in weight loss and helps in maintaining a healthy weight. Zucchini is a nutrient-dense food, loaded with fiber, potassium, minerals, vitamins C and K and also helps in digestion.
- For roasting vegetables
- 5 to 6 cherry tomatoes
- ½ small sized red pepper
- 20 grams – zucchini
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- For the risotto
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 30 grams – onion, diced
- 2-3 – garlic cloves, minced
- 30 grams – rice
- 1 – tomato, small sized
- 100 milliliter vegetable stock
- 4 to 5 fresh basil leaves
- Nutrition Info
- 253 kcal
- 31.4 grams
- 6.8 grams
- 10.4 grams
Recommended For: Weight loss
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree Celsius and add olive oil to a roasting tray.
- Chop cherry tomatoes, red pepper and zucchini and spread it all in the tray.
- Add salt and pepper. Properly coat the vegetables with salt and pepper and then roast.
- Now add olive oil to a frying pan on low medium heat.
- Sauté the onions for a few minutes and add minced garlic and cook for another minute.
- Transfer risotto and pour the vegetable stock then stir it well allowing the rice to absorb it all.
- After 15 minutes or when the risotto is half cooked, add tomatoes and roasted vegetables into it.
- Add more stock if needed and cook for a few more minutes.
- Remove it from the heat and stir in the basil and flavour with salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve hot.
Over to you
It can be counted as comfort food as the recipe is free of cholesterol and hence, is a great option for maintaining a healthy weight. Personalize the dish by adding other healthy vegetables of your choice.