A super-easy and quick to make dish named Tomato Gazpacho is gone to be served today in your plate. It is filled with a high water content which will prevent the risk of dehydration and various essential nutrients that will enhance your functionality to perform daily chores.
The dish is loaded with the goodness of tomatoes and its juice which has an antioxidant called lycopene- is associated with reduced risk of heart disease and cancer. It is also a great source of vitamin C for purifying the blood, potassium for reducing blood pressure and regulates fluid balance, folate for the production of red blood cells and vitamin K for the regulation of calcium levels and bone health. Another important ingredient after tomato is cucumber that is a great source to remain hydrated all day. Cucumber is packed with various micro-nutrients like magnesium and potassium which are crucial for proper metabolism.
- 9 grams ripened and chopped tomato
- 150 millilitres tomato juice (to make it at home, simply squeeze in the juice out of tomato)
- 25 grams peeled and chopped cucumber
- 20 grams chopped red bell pepper
- 20 grams chopped red onion
- 1 small chopped red chilli
- 1 medium minced garlic clove
- ½ teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin seeds
- Kosher salt as per taste
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 fresh basil leaves
- Nutrition Info
- 104 kcal
- 16.7 grams
- 3.1 grams
- 2.8 grams
Recommended For: High Blood Pressure and Cholesterol
- Fill a heavy-bottomed pan with ¼ cup of water on high flame to boil.
- Pour the tomato into the boiled water and boil further for 15 seconds then give that tomato an ice-bath and allowing it to cool down.
- Then, in a medium-sized bowl, pour extracted pulp of tomato, add the tomato juice, cucumber, bell pepper, red onion, garlic clove, red-chilli, oil, lemon juice, ground cumin seeds, kosher salt and black pepper.
- Chilled the dish overnight and serve it cool, garnished with basil leaves.
Over to you
Use kosher salt because it will keep your blood pressure under control especially for heart disease sufferers. Share this mouth-watering recipe with your friends and relatives and earn the credit!