Winter is almost here. This recipe of stuffed butternut squash recipe for the cozy season is delicious, hearty and can be served both as a side dish or in the main course.
Butternut Squash is low in calories but has high in many nutrients including Vitamin A, Vitamin C, magnesium and potassium. Chickpeas or garbanzo beans are an excellent source of plant-based protein and make an excellent replacement for meat in vegetarian and vegan diet.
- 1 small butternut squash
- 20 grams mushrooms
- 15 grams boiled chickpeas
- 20 grams bell pepper
- 20 grams onions
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Freshly ground pepper
- Salt as per taste
- Nutrition Info
- 150 kcal
- 18.7 grams
- 4.1 grams
- 6.9 grams
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- 2. Cut butternut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds.
- 3. Brush the butternut with olive oil and sprinkle it with salt and pepper, to taste.
- 4. Bake squash for 45-50 minutes until soft enough to scoop, but not completely cooked. Set aside to let cool.
- 5. In a flat-bottomed sauté pan over medium heat, add one teaspoon olive oil. Then add onion, mushroom and bell peppers and sauté until translucent. Add garlic and cook for 3 more minutes.
- 6. Add chickpeas, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper. Then sauté until chickpeas are golden and spices are fragrant.
- 7. Stuff the butternut squash with the mixture.
- 8. Serve warm and enjoy
Over to you
Get some tasty winter squash into your diet with this beautiful recipe of stuffed butternut squash with chickpeas.