The quick to make savoury sweet muffins are great for veggie packed snack and good for those busy early mornings. These are the gluten and dairy free Spinach and Sweet Potato Muffins cooked as healthy snacks, famous for its nutritional benefits and the taste.
Nutritional Benefits: Spinach is by far the healthiest green vegetable to be added in a dish providing great amounts of Vitamin A, folic acid, nitrates which helps reducing blood pressure levels, good for eye health and fiber helps in constipation. Sweet potatoes are good in antioxidants and beta carotene effective in blood sugar levels.
- 50 grams spinach
- 20 grams sweet potato, mashed (steamed or baked)
- 10 grams rice flour
- 10 grams whole wheat flour
- 15 grams applesauce
- 5 grams dates
- 1 egg
- 30 grams banana
- 5 grams avocado oil
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Nutrition Info
- 266.3 kcal
- 33.5 grams
- 8.8 grams
- 11 grams
- First of all, Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare and align the muffin tin with muffin liners.
- Combine all the ingredients including mashed sweet potato(steamed or baked), spinach, apple sauce, date, banana, egg, avocado oil and vanilla. Blend them in a blender until
- they are of a thin consistency.
- In a separate bowl, add whole wheat flour, rice flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt and stir them well.
- Mix both the mixtures and form a batter and pour them gently in the muffin liners.
- Let it bake for 25 minutes or until the clean test is performed by sticking the toothpick in the muffin and it comes out clean.
- Serve the muffins warm or at normal temperatures and enjoy.
Over To you:-
These easy and tasty muffins can be stored in the freezer and heated again for a nutrient pack snack paired with the cold or hot coffee or any other drink of your choice. Do try these totally addicting muffins at home and do let us know in the comments!