These spinach stuffed mushrooms are an awesome start to your meal. These are a low-calorie and healthier version of cheese stuffed mushrooms.
The dish is a fabulous tasting starter with a great aroma. Try it for a healthy, guilt-free snacking.
Spinach: Spinach contains ample amounts of dietary fiber. It also contains appreciable amounts of protein and vitamins and minerals such as niacin, zinc, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E (alpha tocopherol), vitamin K, thiamin, riboflavin, vitamin B6, folate which are beneficial for overall health.
Mushrooms: Mushrooms are one of the most health-promoting foods n the planet because of their diverse nutritional package. They are also low in calories and great sources of fiber and protein (good for plant-based diets). They also provide many important nutrients, including B vitamins, selenium, potassium, copper, and Vitamin D (particularly when exposed to the sun).These qualities make mushrooms worth consuming for a better health.
- 10 fresh mushrooms
- 15-20 spinach leaves
- 10 grams wheat flour
- 100 ml low-fat milk
- 25 grams chopped onions
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped chilies (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Nutrition Info
- 128 Kcal
- 12.8 grams
- 5.6 grams
- 5.6 grams
For the spinach filling:
- Combine the whole wheat flour with milk in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a pan and add the onions, green chilies and sauté for 1 min till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the spinach and salt, mix well and keep stirring occasionally on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the wheat flour and milk mixture, cook for 2 minutes on medium flame and keep stirring until the mixture thickens. Let it cool.
- Divide the filling into 10 equal portions and keep aside.
For the mushrooms:
- Remove the stem of the mushrooms so that a hollow cavity is formed.
- Stuff each mushroom with the spinach filling.
- Heat 1 tsp of olive oil in a non-stick pan. Arrange the mushrooms on it with stuffed side facing upwards.
- Cover it and cook on a medium flame for 5-7 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Over to you
These spinach stuffed mushrooms are a scrumptious delight and you should definitely give it a try.